NORWOOD, MA – Monday evening, on October 16th, 2023 Norwood Fire was dispatched to reports of a working fire in a residential area. Upon arrival it was discovered that a dryer had caught fire and had engulfed the basement, the fire had also begun spreading quickly to the house that laid right above it.

Crews fought to extinguish the fire quickly, which prevented any major damage to the house, though the full extent of the damages to the house are unknown at this time. Fortunately, no injuries were reported and the occupants of the home have been temporarily displaced.